Metal Pins and Badges
Metal Pins and Badges for Clubs, Corporate, Fundraising and Schools
Custom designed to meet your specifications, Stokes Badges’ metal lapel pins and badges are manufactured to a high standard, giving you a well-crafted, unique item that your members, associates or supporters will be proud to wear.
Stokes Badges produces metal pins and badges for a wide range of applications such as:
- NCorporate promotions & branding
- NRecognition of service
- NRole identity
- NSpecial events
Contact us now for a free quote
ABout Our Services
It starts with an idea
Let us provide an obligation free quote, including time frames and quantity required. We are passionate about quality and can provide the best to suit your budget.
Free Design Service
Our experienced team can take care of the details or you can provide your design. We will provide artwork to approve and when you are happy we’ll begin making your custom badge.
We work closely with you throughout the design process to provide the best quality options for your application and budget. All workmanship is guaranteed and your happiness is our highest priority.
Start now with a free quote
Creating your bespoke pin
Stokes Badges’ metal badges are durable and versatile. They can be easily attached to shirts, jacket lapels, hats or bags. Metal badges can also be adapted to form part of a tie bar or a cuff link. Each pin or badge can be individually numbered, if required and many attachment options are available.
Stokes Badges’ provides a wide range of finishes and will work closely with you to create the best result for your logo, emblem or design. Typical metal finishes are a bright gold, silver (nickel), bronze (copper) or black nickel plating. Finishes like antique or sandblasting with polish help create extra contrast when there is no colour. Alternatively we add colours using enamel paint with an epoxy or baked finish.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum number of badges that I need to order?
Technically there is not a minimum but it can depend on the material and making method due to set-up costs.
Usually we find 50 to be a reasonable starting quantity.
Talk to us about your requirements and we can provide options and recommend the best way to meet your needs.
Top tips for designing Metal Pins and Badges
- Simple and bold design. Remember less is better!
- Choose contrasting colours. Dark enamel colours look best with bright gold or silver (nickel) plating. If your colours are predominantly light then you may consider black nickel plating for the raised metal areas.
- Choose any reasonable size and shape. Stokes Badges will create a die to produce your design. Don’t restrict your imagination – almost anything is possible!
Ask for free design advice from the Stokes Badges design team. Our experienced consultants can assist you with design ideas free of charge. Once you’ve accepted our quote, our artists will transform your concept into production-ready artwork.
A wide range of colours is available. Keep in mind that lettering and outlines are nearly always raised metal with enamel colours to fill the recessed areas. Generally up to four or five colours are available as standard with Stokes Badges’ metal pins and badges. Extra colours are available at a slightly higher price.
Your metal badge or pin can be made in a choice of gold, nickel (silver colour), bronze or black nickel metal plating. Choose a bright or antique-style finish.
Your choice of attachment is entirely up to you. A simple pin, safety pin or butterfly clutch fitting are the most popular choices. Many other fittings are available, including stick pins, key rings, cuff links, tie bars etc. Stokes Badges will be happy to advise you on the best fitting to suit the item you have designed.
Included in our standard price are the post & butterfly clutch, the brooch pin and stickpin.
Stokes Badges can provide unique numbering on each pin or badge, if required. This may be useful to keep track of your badges and to whom they’ve been issued.
Call us to request a free product sample. Get some ideas and see the quality of Stokes Badges’ metal pins and badges.
What are the different types of badges?
The type and style of badge varies from one organisation to another. Some organisations will use a Lapel Badge on its own; others will use a Title Bar on its own while still others will have a combination of a Title Bar & Lapel Badge. All of these can be called badges, it is up to you to determine your preference.
How is the price determined?
- Quantity – The more of the same badge you buy in the same order, the lower the cost of each individual badge.
- Size – the larger the badge, the more it will cost.
- The type of decoration and number of colours you choose will vary the cost.
- Cost varies between bright and antique finishes.
- Your choice of attachment type will vary the cost.
Each quote is calculated based on your design requirements. Our best price is provided for each job.
The price is determined by the following factors:
- Size – as measured at the longest part of the badge.
- Decoration – eg. soft enamel with epoxy or hard enamel.
- Number of enamel colours – the more colours, the higher the price.
- Finish – eg. an antique finish may increase the cost.
- Unique numbering – individual numbering on each badge will incur an additional cost.
- Attachment – there are 3 attachments to choose from as standard. Optional attachments cost more.
- The Die – The die costs vary depending on whether it is a one or two sided badge or whether it is two or three dimensional design.
- Quantity – quantity discounts apply. The higher the order quantity, the lower cost per badge.
- Delivery – Badges can be collected from our Riverwood, NSW premises. Alternatively, delivery charges incur an additional fee.
We offer special prices to all state and national sporting bodies and scouts and guides.
For new customers 50% of order value is payable at time of order, and balance is payable 14 days after delivery, or on terms as otherwise agreed in writing.
What type of attachments are available?
Standard attachments for pins and badges are:
- Post & Butterfly Clutch
- Brooch (Safety) Pin
Optional attachments include the post & spring loaded clutch, cuff link, stickpin with protector or magnetic attachment. Refer the images in the Attachments section above.
How is the size determined?
The size for pricing is expressed in millimetres across the longest part of the badge – e.g. if the badge is 25mm high and 15mm wide the size would be 25mm.
What is the production time?
Normally production times are 4 to 5 weeks from the time you have signed off on the final artwork and have placed a firm order. However, if you have a tighter deadline, please let us know and we will advise if we are able to meet your required delivery date.
Generally you need to allow 4 to 5 weeks from the time you have signed off on the final artwork AND have placed a firm order.
If you need to meet a deadline that requires a shorter lead time please let us know, and we will advise if we can meet the delivery date you require.
You can collect your goods from STOKES BADGES’ Riverwood, NSW showroom. Alternatively, we will dispatch by an appropriate delivery/mail service to any location. A delivery/postage charge will apply.
FREE DELIVERY for orders of 1000+ pieces.