Medals and Medallions
Customised Medals and Medallions for Clubs,
Schools and Corporate Achievement
Medals and medallions are typically used to recognise sporting or academic achievement, or as employee performance recognition.
Stokes Badges manufacture custom medals and medallions specifically designed to your requirements. You can choose from a range of heavyweight die struck copper-based medals or cast medals.
The medals can be made with gold, silver or bronze plating and have either antique or bright finishes … and, if you like a splash of colour with durable enamel paint can enhance the item.
You can choose one sided or two sided designs.
Talk to us about your requirements and we will recommend the best options for you.
- NStokes Badges' medals and medallions are custom made to your individual design.
- NStokes Badges' medals and medallions are durable with first class quality.
- NStokes Badges' medals and medallions are a first class way to reward sporting, academic or employee achievement. They are a great alternative to trophies.
- NStokes Badges' quality medals and medallions are ideal for establishing and promoting your identity.
- NStokes Badges' medals and medallions are priced to suit your budget. You can choose from our range which includes heavyweight die struck medals and medallions or cast medals and medallions. Tell us your requirements and we’ll recommend the best option for you
- NStokes Badges' medals and medallions are generally priced lower than other award alternatives.
- NStokes Badges offers a range of medal accessories including coloured neck ribbons, suede pouches and leatherette presentation boxes.
Contact us now for a free quote
It starts with an idea
Let us provide an obligation free quote, including time frames and quantity required. We are passionate about quality and can provide the best to suit your budget.
Free Design Service
Our experienced team is here to help you achieve the best results. We can take care of the details or you can provide your design. When you are happy the artwork we’ll begin making your custom medal or medallion.
We work closely with you throughout the design process and provide the best quality options for your application, design and budget. All workmanship guaranteed and your happiness is our highest priority.
Start now with a free quote
Creating your bespoke medal or medallion
Stokes Badges’ medals and medallions are made especially for you, to meet your budget and quality requirements. Choose from our wide range of options, including heavyweight die struck or cast medals and medallions. Talk to us about your requirements and we’ll recommend the best options for you.
There are 2 main options when manufacturing medals and we find the choice is usually a factor of quantity, budget and design. Our experienced team will help with choosing the best option for your medals or medallions.
Heavy Die Struck
A traditional coin making method, usually with a softer metal like brass creating a weighty, valuable feel.
Using a zinc alloy base with quality plating finish, this is a cost effective method for larger quanities, sizes or thickness.
Ribbon & Attachment Options
There are a wide variety of ribbon colour options to available to match your event, association or team colours. Changing ribbon colours is a great way to your medal types. Full colour ribbons are also available, great for logo or modern designs. Talk to our team for tips and ideas for showpiecing your medals.
Traditional Ribbon with Print
Full Colour Printed Ribbon
Metal Finish Options
Stokes Badges’ provides a wide range of of high quality finishes. Typical metal finishes are a bright gold, silver (nickel), bronze (copper). Finishes like antique or sandblasting with polish help create extra contrast when there is no colour. Alternatively we add colours using enamel paint with an epoxy or baked finish.
Medals and Medallions from Stokes are supplied in individual bags to protect them. Make your medal or medallion presentation extra special with packaging. Choose a plain or printed box to represent your emblem or brand.
Clear Presentation Cases
Custom Medal Cases
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum number of medals or medallions that I need to order?
Technically there is not a minimum but it can depend on the material and making method due to set-up costs.
Usually we find 25 to be a reasonable starting quantity.
Talk to us about your requirements and we can provide options and recommend the best way to meet your needs.
How is the price determined?
Your price will generally be determined by the size of your medal or medallion, as measured by the diameter.
However, the following additional factors can affect the price.
- Your choice of medal or medallion type – cast or die struck.
- Use of coloured enamels may increase the cost.
- The finish you require – e.g. an antique finish may increase the cost.
- Your choice of two dimensional or three dimensional images, and choice of your unique design on one or two sides of the medal or medallion.
- The extras you choose such as ribbons and presentation packaging will increase the cost.
- The quantity you want to order – Quantity discounts apply. The higher the order quantity is, the lower is the cost per medallion. Minimum order quantity is normally 25.
Delivery charges are additional. Alternatively the finished goods can be picked by you from Stokes Badges’ Riverwood, NSW showroom.
For new customers, 50% of order value is payable at time of order, and balance is payable 14 days after delivery, or on terms as otherwise agreed in writing.
Stokes Badges offers special prices to state and national sporting bodies and scouts and guides.
How is the size determined?
The size for pricing is the diameter of the medal or medallion.
What is the production time?
Normally you should allow up to 4 to 6 weeks from the time you have signed off on the final artwork and have placed a firm order. However, if you have a tighter deadline, please let us know and we will advise if we are able to meet your required delivery date.
Ask for our FREE DESIGN advice! Stokes Badges’ experienced Sales Consultants can assist you with design ideas FREE of charge.
When you accept our quote our artists will transform your concept in to production ready artwork.
Top Tips for Designing Medals and Medallions:
- Keep your design simple and bold – remember, less is usually better.
- Medals are usually two dimensional (2D) with parts of the design, usually the lettering and the logo, being raised with the background recessed. Alternatively an even more impressive effect can be achieved with a three dimensional (3D) medal.
- Enamel colours can be used to enhance your design.
- You can design your medal to be single sided with the other side either blank or with a laurel wreath emblem. Alternatively you can opt for your own custom designs on both front and back.
- Choose any reasonable size and shape for your medal.
- You can choose a number of medal accessories including coloured neck ribbons, suede pouches or leatherette presentation boxes.
You will see Stokes Badges’ excellent quality when you request your FREE product sample, which can help you to generate ideas for your badge design.